Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Ex NSA Sambo Dasuki Kicks Over Buhari Order To Arrest Him

                      

Former NSA Col Sambo Dasuki said he was never invited by the investigating committee setup to look into Arms procurement in the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Dasuki who responded to President Buhari's order which directed that him and those indicted be arrested said


   “I have never been invited formally or informally to appear before the panel.
“I am therefore not only surprised but embarrassed by the seeming indictment by the panel purportedly operating from the Office of the National Security Adviser that never contacted me.
“For the record I am proud to serve my nation with the best of intention and ensuring the recovery of more than 22 local government councils from Boko Haram terrorists.
“Because of the pride of how we tackled terrorism and defeated Boko Haram terrorists through our gallant troops and partners in the twilight of the previous administration, I have insisted on open and public trial of my stewardship rather than secret trial in the court as being canvassed by my prosecutors.
“I wish Nigerians will go back and reflect on what we did with even little or no supports from some countries. We performed miracles before the emergence of this administration. I even thought the committee was to investigate procurement from 2007 to 2015. Yet only my name is always being mentioned even when some of the issues were before I came into government.
“I left Nigerians to judge.”
President Buhari on Tuesday received the interim report of the investigative committee on arms procurement with an order for the arrest of all indicted persons in the arms scam.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment