Monday, November 30, 2015

Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To a Standstill -Pastor Tunde Bakare

                               

General Overseer of Latter Rain Assembly Pastor Tunde Bakare  credited Bola Tinubu for singlehandedly fighting the and defeating the PDP in the South West.
Pastor Bakare was asked by TheNews  in an interview why he attacked Tinubu at his Church in his sermon.
Read Interview


Q: When we look at the campaign of PMB, we saw Asiwaju Tinubu as his backbone, he played a leading role in the emergence of Buhari as President. Recently in the church, I heard I wasn’t there, that you attacked Jonathan and Tinubu and when I look at your comment on Tinubu, I see that you always attack him, I want to ask, why?
A: Well, you told me you were not there, hearsay evidence are not feasible in court. Since you were not there, I would have asked you to go listen to the tape and come back because sometimes what looks like an attack is truth. Why would I attack Asiwaju? Talking of politics, he has paid his dues. People were not there when I preached the message and that really celebrated Tinubu. That he single handedly fought the PDP to a standstill in the southwest. I sent him the tape. Do you understand me? Again this is our society, the moment you focus on issues, they reduce it to personalities. May I ask you the question maybe that would throw light on areas that you call criticisms by those who do not know the difference between critique and a negative comment. Shall I pray for you that your children will not be greater than you? Will you say amen to that. So if God has used you to facilitate the emergence of someone who now performs better than you, shouldn’t you be happy.
My mother is a happy woman, she didn’t go to school but she sent me. And today she is at peace with herself that she has worked hard and worked well and I give her the honour. You may never meet my mother but you have met the letter she has written to the world. It not a letter written with ink and pen. Do you understand me. I don’t have any problem with Asiwaju. On 3rd of November 2014 I was in Asiwaju’s house and I said to him ‘Asiwaju, there are only four things left that I am pursuing in this world, and none of them is in your hands, my mother is 106, her prayer is that I should survive her and give her a befitting burial. Asiwaju, can you guarantee my being alive to do that?’ he said he can’t. No 2: ‘Asiwaju, I want to stay in health while waiting to give my mother a befitting burial, can any human being guarantee that?’ Nobody. I have five children by the grace of God, I want them to be greater than I am, and I don’t want them to go before me, ‘can you guarantee that?’
And finally I said I want to make heaven at the end, and to hear, ‘good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord your God’ can you guarantee that? he can’t. So why the basis of competition, what I am looking for is not in your hand. Am not looking for power, I am not looking for position, I am not looking for appointment. Can’t you understand that? I have never done contract in my life. So there is no basis for attacking Asiwaju except in the figment of the imagination of some people. But something touched me, and when matters are brought to me, I look at some of them, I take them all, sometimes I don’t bother myself because you must not fight every battle and lose the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment