Saturday, March 7, 2015

I wasn't trying to Seduce the President -Singer Seyi Shay

                      


Singer Seyi shay faced an avalanche of criticism about her improper dressing at the event where The President met with youth in Lagos recently.
The Picture of Seyi wearing an incredible short dress sitting next to the president went Viral,leading to everyone talking, including celebrities like wale Gate and blogger Omojuwa,who spoke against her indecent dress mode on their social media platform
But the singer responded and said she is a responsible Woman, that she had two outfit for the event,that the one she wore sitting close the President was the outfit she used to perform.



“I am a very respectable young lady and I was not in any way trying to seduce the President with the outfit I wore. I had two outfits for the event, one was for my performance and the other was worn after I performed. The dress I was pictured in with the President was what I wore during my performance.

“I came on stage and greeted everyone according to their culture and I did the same for Mr. President. He was impressed and he asked where and how I knew how to greet in his native dialect and I said I learnt it. That was what brought about the giggling and smiles in the picture. I’m a performer and what I do on stage doesn’t reflect my everyday life. I had two outfits on that day and it was a youth event. Who wouldn’t feel overwhelmed meeting the President? Well, I did and I felt honoured because it is not every day you get to meet the president of your country,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment