Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Judiciary Is My Main Headache -President Buhari

                                

President Buhari said on Sunday that  his major headache in the success of the anti- corruption war of his administration is the Judiciary.
He emphasized that for the war to be successful and effective, the role and support of the Judiciary is needed.
According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity Mr Femi Adesina, said,Buhari who spoke in a town hall meeting with Nigerians living in Ethiopia. said that the Judiciary reforms is a priority of his administration,making reference to his travail in court up to the supreme court during his previous three attempt of becoming the president,were clear indication.


The President said, “On the fight against corruption vis-à-vis the judiciary, Nigerians will be right to say that is my main headache for now.
“If you reflect on what I went through for 12 years when I wanted to be the President, I attempted three times and on the fourth attempt through God and the use of technology, it was possible for Nigerians to elect an APC candidate as President.
“In my first attempt in 2003, I ended up at the Supreme Court and for 13 months I was in court. The second attempt in 2007, I was in court close to 20 months and in 2011, my third attempt, I was also in court for nine months.
“All these cases went up to the Supreme Court until the fourth time in 2015, when God agreed that I will be President of Nigeria.”
He assured the Nigeria community that with the support of the chief Justice of Nigeria, Mahmud Mohammed, he will do his best to improve the Judicial system

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment