Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Governor Fayose Visits Aregbesola, Vowed Not To Abandon PDP

                           

Governor Fayose of Ekiti visited Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun state at the State House on Tuesday, in company of 50 dignitaries and the speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly Mr Kola Oluwawole.
Fayose said he read on Internet that his mission to see Governor Rauf Aregbesola was to beg so that President Buhari does not open probe on him,which he says was far from the truth,that as a Yoruba,the tribe comes first before politics and the Yoruba race need unity. he vowed never to leave the PDP come what may.

He said  “I have not come here for that; neither have I come to announce my defection from the PDP. I will never leave the PDP for any party. This is my first official visit to any APC state in Nigeria. I am not in Osogbo to ask Aregbesola to help me beg (the President) as being speculated in some quarters. We are all Yoruba, politics is like water; it can flow anywhere.
“I believe in the Yoruba race; the race comes first before the office of the governor. The race is eternal while that of governor is temporal. We must watch today to be guided by tomorrow. I am here for the unity of Yoruba as it affects the Oodua, our progenitor.
“I will remain in the PDP to play the role of the opposition because without opposition in a democracy there will be dictatorship and those promoting dictatorship in a democracy will end up in the stomach of dictators.”
 “There is need for Yoruba people to come together irrespective of political parties to protect the interest of the Yoruba man and protect their leaders from being blackmailed or oppressed.
“There is the need for improved economic ties among Yoruba states. Whatever good thing a state is doing can be copied by other states.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment