Monday, November 24, 2014

DOCUMENT CHALLENGING JONATHAN 2015 ELIGIBILITY STOLEN FROM LAW FIRM


      

The law firm of Mr Wahab Alatoye Located at Suit 33,Mangi Plaza In Garki area 11 Abuja was broken into on Friday by unidentified men.
Mr Alatoye is the Lawyer involve in the Prosecution of the case challenging the eligibility of President Goodluck Jonathan 2015 re election bid.

Alatoye said, the thieves broke in through the ceiling ransack the office stole document that would be used in the eligibility case and other important documents-

He said It is really a great surprise to me, when I was called on Saturday morning that my office had been burgled by yet- to-be identified persons. It was my office alone that was burgled of the offices in the plaza. The thieves came in through the ceiling and ransacked the files.
“Although, they made away with the money I left in the office, they also stole documents, especially the ones I am using in pursuing my case against the eligibility of President Jonathan to contest the election.

“As a plaintiff in the matter and a lawyer, there are some documents I need to hand over to my lawyers, which I kept in the office. My computers were also destroyed, the office safe was damaged.


The matter has been reported at the FCDA Police Station in Garki. The police have promised to come on Monday morning for further investigation.”

Olatoye and his colleague launched their suit against Jonathan on the provisions of sections 132(1), 135(2)(a) and (b), 137(1)(b), 142(1) and (2) of the Constitution and the Supreme Court decisions.
They argued that the President  and the Vice President haven completed the Term of The  late Musa Yar  adua and re elected in 2011, have completed the two terms stipulated by the constitution,thereby seeking an order from the High Court restraining the Independent Electoral Commission INEC and the Attorney General of the Federation from allowing the President and his vice for seeking Re- election-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment