Monday, September 26, 2016

Meet World Youngest Commercial Pilot

   Kate McWilliams (left, pictured with Luke Elsworth) has become the world's youngest commercial pilot at the age of 26
                                               Kate McWilliams 26 and Luke 19,First Officer

Kate McWilliams is now the youngest commercial pilot after been promoted by Easyjet from first officer to captain at the age of 26 a feature normally achieved by much older pilots.
She took flying at AirCadet aged 13 and made her first solo flight aged 16 and proceeded to train as a pilot on her 19th Birthday,She said, she get quizzed of her age by passengers and cabin crew almost on daily basis.

                            An easyJet spokesman said they believe Miss McWilliams (pictured) is the youngest commercial airline captain in the world


'Personally I don't think my age matters. I've been through the same training and passed the same command course as every other captain so I've proven myself capable regardless of my age.
'I do now get asked how old I am on an almost daily basis which didn't used to happen when I was a first officer.

'Usually that question comes from the cabin crew but sometimes passengers ask too.
'When I tell them I'm 26, most people are pleasantly surprised and impressed with my achievement at such a young age.'
She joined EasyJet  May 2011 as a first officer and recently took up the rank of captain after passing the airline's command course.Originally from Carlisle, she is now based in Reigate, Surrey, and works from Gatwick Airport.
She flies Airbus A319 and A320 planes to around 100 destinations, including as Reykjavik, Tel Aviv and Marrakesh
.
                               Originally from Carlisle, she is now based in Reigate, Surrey, and works from Gatwick Airport

                               Miss McWilliams made her first solo flight aged 16 and went on to train as a pilot on her 19th birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment