Monday, March 12, 2018

O.J Simpson Confession Aired

                                               Nicole and OJ 1977
The hypothetical murder confession of Orenthal James Simpson aired on Sunday night, detailing how Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman might have been killed outside her Brentwood  home.
In the Fox special OJ: The Lost Confession, which was originally taped back in 2006, Simpson says that he blacked out during the actual murder and when he came to was covered in blood.

He also states that he and Nicole were arguing outside and she fell, prompting Ron Goldman to come up to him and threatened to fight him with karate.
Simpson said that he then grabbed a knife out of the hands of his friend Charlie, who got the weapon from either Simpson's car or Nicole's home.
He then fled the scene, leaving his two children asleep inside as their mother lay fatally stabbed just outside their home.


Simpson said he had gone to Nicole's home at the time to confront her about rumors that she was hosting parties with drugs and group sex. 
It would not have been the first time, with Nicole calling authorities twice on October 25, 1993 after a violent episode broke out between her and Simpson, culminating with the former football player trying to break down her door to gain entry into her residence.
'He’s ranting and raving outside,' Nicole told the dispatcher, stating later that Simpson was going to 'beat the s***' out of her.
When asked if this had happened in the past, Nicole said: 'Many times.'
Through this all, Simpson can be heard in the background screaming, and at one point shouts: 'OJ worked his a** off for this family - for Keith?'
Simpson said in the interview that he was yelling something completely different, and gave his slant on the confrontation.


'During that 911 tape that everyone hears me yelling, I said, I don't want these girls around my kids. And that's the only thing that 911 tape was about. I went to the house and I read her the riot act,' said Simpson.
'I did what any father would do. And yet, people listen to that tape and made me this horrible person. Whenever they hear that, they go, can you believe he's yelling at her? When the cops came it became apparent. She said I was yelling at her about this and only this, because I don't want these people around my kids.'
Nicole would be murdered nine months after that incident, and 12 years later Simpson gave his hypothetical version of events. 
'I'll pick it up from a point where this Charlie shows up. Once again I'm tired, I'm trying to stay awake cause I want to sleep on the plane,' says Simpson, who was preparing to fly to Chicago that night. 

'Also, certainly concerned about the conversation I had with Dr. Fishman about what was going on with the girls, with this Faye [Resnick] moving in with her and then going into rehab and just all kind of stuff that I don't care to discuss. 
'And this guy shows up, a guy I recently met, a guy I had just become friends with - Charlie. Charlie came by and mentioned something that was going on at her house and I don't know why he'd been by Nicole's house but he told me you wouldn't believe what's going on over there. 
'And I remember thinking well whatever is going on over there has gotta stop. So we kind [unintelligible] together, and I'm broad-stroking this but we were going over there and I always kept in that car a ski hat that I wore in the mornings on the golf course and a knife for the crazies cause you cant travel with a gun, and I remember him saying you ain't bringing that, and we parked in the alley and went in the back [gate].' 
Simpson said that after he went in the back gate he could hear music playing, and soon after a man showed up at the house.
That man was Ron Goldman, whose name Simpson did not say during the interview. 

I may have seen him around but I really didn't recognize him. And I, in the mood I was in, I started having words with him, got a little loud, and by that time Nicole had come out and we start having words about "who is this guy, why is he here, what's going on,"' Simpson told Regan. 
'And at that time Charlie had followed this guy in, wanted to make sure there was no problem, and he brought the knife. As things got heated I just remember Nicole fell, and hurt herself,  And this guy kinda got into a karate thing and I said you think you can kick my ass, and I grabbed the knife, I do remember that portion, taking the knife from Charlie [starts to get emotional]. 
'I'm sorry, I can't do no more [maniacally laughing]. I can't do no more of this. I really can't do no more of this.'

Simpson then paused and told the same story again, almost verbatim, continuing on with what happened after the murders  
'And to be be honest after that point I don't remember, except I'm standing there and there's all kind of stuff around,' said Simpson.
Regan asked: 'What kind of stuff?' to which Simpson responded: 'Blood and stuff.'
The publisher also gets Simpson to seemingly contradict his claim about Goldman by asking if he told him about the fact that he was there to return glasses Nicole's mom had left at the restaurant where he was working that night.   
'Yeah words to that effect, yes. And I don't know if I believed it or I didn't believe it,' said Simpson

'It was pretty much immaterial cause I was more concerned with everything that was going on and fed up with it and at that point her shows up.'
He later continued the story, stating: [Nicole] went to go back into the house she fell, and that's when this guy got into a karate stance, like he's gonna take me on or something, and he's there, and Charlie with the knife, you know, and, I would prefer you read the book to find out that next thing that took place.'
Regan went on to ask if Simpson had ever blacked out before that night. 
'Not to my knowledge of course if something like this were to take place in anyone's life I would imagine it would be something you would automatically have trouble wrapping your mind around it,' said Simpson.
'I had never seen so much blood in my life.'
He then noted: 'It's hard for me to describe it. I don't think any two people could be murdered the way they were without everyone being covered in blood and of course we've all seen the grizzly pictures after so yes, I think everything was covered in blood.' 
The show opened meanwhile with Simpson alone speaking directly into the camera.
'No one knows this story the way I know it. I know the facts better than anyone, said the former football star.
'I'm going to tell you a story you've never heard before because no one knows this story the way I know it. And it concerns the murders of my ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her young friend Ronald Goldman.'

He went on to state: 'Forget everything you think you know about that night because I know the facts better than anyone. The story you know or think you know, that's not the story. Not even close. This is one story the whole world got wrong.'
Host Soledad O'Brien made a point of describing how Nicole and Goldman were murdered according to the coroner, revealing the incredibly violent nature of the crime.
'It was not as he describes exactly. Nicole didn't fall. She was hit on the head with a handle of the knife, according to the corner,' said O'Brien. 
'She was stabbed four times in the neck as she lay on the ground. Ron Goldman arrived, runs towards her.  He is grabbed by the killer who stabbed him in the face five times with the knife and then slit his throat. 
'He gets loose, but there is a perimeter fence so he's blocked. The killer is able to catch him again. And plunges the knife in his side and severs has abdominal artery. 
'There are defensive wounds on his hands as he was trying to protect himself, and the killer alternated between the victims, pulling Nicole's head by the hair and cutting very deeply into her throat, and then going back over to Ron Goldman, who according to the corner, was probably dead at that point, and stabbing him.'
O'Brien the noted that the Los Angeles District Attorney's office called it 'overkill' at the time. 

Dm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment