Monday, January 30, 2017

Police Arrest Biafra Times Publisher and 9 Others

                               Billedresultat for biafra times publisher arrested
The police Command in Lagos have arrested the publisher of Biafra Times and 9 others, they were accused of operating a printing press in a room at no 33 Oguntolu Street, Somolu, where they print the Biafra Times and distribute to vendors.

Owner of the printing press Peter Eke who is also the publisher, defending his action said

“I am not aware that my publication is seditious. I only saw it from a commercial point of view.
“I started three months ago and my print run per week is between 6,000 to 7,000 copies and I distribute to vendors at N60, while they sell it at N100.
“I was trying to recoup the money I spent on setting up the printing press. I bought the four printing machines at N2.1 million each.
“Before I started publishing Biafra Times, I had another publication called Ace but I noticed that anytime I print anything on Biafra, my print run sells out.
“That was when I decided to focus on Biafra Times.
I am not necessarily a Biafran member, I merely cashed in on the situation at hand to make money.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment