Sunday, November 20, 2016

I never Thought I Could be a Councillor - Oshiomhole

                             Billedresultat for Oshiomhole

Immediate past governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, was received back home yesterday by the people of Edo North  after his eight years’ stay at Bini-City Govt House, even as Oshiomhole claimed  he never thought he could even be a councillor in life.


The Auchi Polytechnic ground was full to the brim as people waited from 10am till 4:50pm when Oshiomhole, who was earlier at the governorship campaign rally in Ondo State, arrived with his wife Lara.
Traditional rulers, politicians from  the zone, including the deputy governor of the state, Philip Shaibu,  were on ground to welcome the man whom the Otaru of Auchi  described as the “hero of our time”. Governor Godwin Obaseki and his wife Betsy arrived the venue five minutes after Oshiomhole  got there.
Other dignitaries at the event includes the Secretary to the State Government, Osarodion Ogie; Chief of staff to the Governor;  Taiwo Akerele;  state Chairman of the APC, Anslem Ojezua;  Patrick Obahiagbon;  PDP House of Representatives member, EJ Agbonayinma; Senator Francis Alimekhena and many others.

The Chairman of the organizing committee and former Commissioner for Local Governments and Chieftaincy Affairs in the state, Chief Tom Uloko, said the people of Edo North  were proud to welcome Oshiomhole back home due to the way  he transformed Edo  irrespective of the paucity of funds and his doggedness in the fight against god fathers in the state.

Oshiomhole, who apologized for coming late for the event, explained  he could not have left the Ondo rally since it was another serious business for the APC. Expressing his gratitude to God  and the people of  the state for supporting him throughout his tenure, Oshiomhole asked those he may have offended  to forgive him.


His words: “I want to say I am indebted with the opportunity given to me to serve Edo. My mother is here and I wonder what she might be thinking now, because none of us in my family ever thought anybody  could even be a councillor. So I am very grateful to God.
“They were several things we wanted to do across the three senatorial districts but with the sudden crash in our finances, we were unable to do them. But no government will be able to solve all the problems and I thank God we have another APC governor, in the person of Godwin Obaseki, who understands the problem and knows what to do. 


“We did our best in the 192 wards but we still have challenges and I know Godwin will tackle those challenges. I want say I am sorry for those I may have offended without knowing but the ones I did to instil discipline I stood by it. We were not perfect but I thank you people for tolerating our excesses. Obaseki will do better than me and we pray God to guide him because I am happy he is a worthy successor”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment