Saturday, January 30, 2016

7 Dead,10 Rescued In Boat Mishap In Lagos

   

7 people dead and 10 were rescued in a boat mishap on Saturday in Lagos,The incident happened at Badore area of Eti Osa Local government area around 10.20 am.
The Boat took off from Ijede jetty with 17 people and reportedly ran into a heap of sand,fishermen were able to recovered 4 bodies on the spot while 13 others were  hospitalized,some of the rescued died at the hospital bringing the total death to 7 according to a witness.

‘’I am one of the officers in this jetty and my duty is to ensure that the passengers wear life jackets before taking off from our jetty. As usual, I was at the jetty this morning to monitor compliance before the affected boat took off. The number of casualties would have been higher assuming we don’t enforce the use of life jackets. Before the boat took off, I checked all the passengers to ensure all of them wore life jackets and few minutes later, I noticed an unusual gathering of fishermen on the high Sea and I sent one of my men to go and inquire what informed the gathering only for him to call me on phone about the mishap. As at now, seven people are dead while ten are alive,’’ A Witness Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment